A.P Janmabhoomi is an initiative by the Government of Andhra Pradesh to connect with NRIs with an aim to digitize 5000 government schools across the Sunrise state. The study and ethical practices facilitating learning have reached unprecedented heights under the digital education initiative of A.P Janmabhoomi and Department of School Education.

The A.P Special Representative for North America, Shri Jayaram Komati, is taking the initiative of A.P Janmabhoomi forward with the launch of the second phase of the Digital classroom project which targeted 630 government schools across 13 districts across the state. The creation, usage and management of state-of the art facilities has taken the project to the next level. In the first phase of the Digital classrooms, around 1000 schools were well- equipped with appropriate technological processes which resulted in competent and proficient pedagogy.

Digital Classrooms - A.P Janmaabhoomi Initiative
Digital Classrooms in Government Schools

In conformance with our agenda of holistic growth with an underpinning bridge-the-gap objective, the initiative has helped in provision of a direct one-to-one platform for the NRIs in order to channelize their efforts towards their motherland. We muster contributions in form of ideas, initiatives and donations from the NRIs and employ those through proper means and instruments.

NRI School Connect Program, where the donors get an immediate link to connect to the children of various schools, is the paradigm of such efforts.
Through the Teacher Support Program, we recruited interns from various local colleges across the state to provide support to teachers across various government schools in basic digital skills to enhance their teaching methods. The teacher’s involvement in the project led to a positive outcome in the terms of increase in attendance rates.
The Global School Connect Program allowed students from a government school in Vizag to interact and share knowledge with students from a school in Toronto, Canada allowing room for cultural exchange.

Single Digital Classroom - A.P Janmaabhoomi Initiative
Single Digital Classroom

This project is not only driven by educational theoretics but also require a large amount of societal cooperation backed by financial endorsements.
Rupees 1.5 lakhs is spent as the cost of a single digital classroom. Functioning on a mutual basis, this amount is divided in the 70:30 ratio, where 70% of the funds are allocated from the Government while the rest 30% is donated by our NRIs. The financial contribution per NRI amounts to $750 or Rs. 45,000. More than donating funds, it is a way for more NRIs to get connected to schools and create strong, impactful and ever-lasting bonds with the children by mentoring and guiding them.

The donors are recognized by a donor plank present in the classroom. The donors can also donate in the memory for their beloved ones.

Collobrative growth of Government,NRI's and A.P Janmaabhoomi
Collobrative growth of Government,NRI’s and A.P Janmaabhoomi

On the lines of our collaborative growth, A.P Janmabhoomi has also undertaken a number of measures to induct interns and apprentices, from a wide spectrum of colleges ranging over multitudes of stream, and help these interns to synergise their individual efforts and channelise their energy to strengthen the initiative.
Through our flagship pilot project ‘NRI Youth Connect Programme’, we are also taking internship roles across countries to bring different perspectives into the organization.

Additionally, we have also engaged the children of our project in various campaigns like the World Environment Day and International Yoga Day in order to increase awareness about the facts related to their milieu and also to enhance their awareness about the socio-cultural richness of their surrounding. This all in all concludes our objective of holistic development.

Team APJanmaabhoomi
AP Janmabhoomi is a social initiative by the Government of Andhra Pradesh under the leadership of the Special Representative for North America focusing on three key developmental schemes: Digital Classrooms, Anganwadi Centers, and Crematoriums.